How does the grand prix work?
To download the details of how the Grand Prix works click here.
AIMS OF THE YJCA
• Promote chess in the most positive way possible to junior players.
• Provide high quality competition for junior players with the opportunity to progress
• Provide access to junior players to competition, coaching and national competition
• Promote competition in good quality environments with a high standard of manners, sportsmanship and respect for others.
• Provide equal opportunities for all juniors to play chess regardless of gender, culture, race or background.
• Through the grand prix structure identify players who can represent the county at Under 9, Under 11, Under 14, 16 and 18 level and represent the girls’ county teams.
The YJCA has a zero tolerance of bad manners, cheating or abusive and poor behaviour. Any players or parents exhibiting such behaviours will be asked to leave any competition immediately and barred from future competitions.
The YJCA follows the safeguarding policy of the ECF. Please see the policy here.